- As a member of the Corporate Strategy team, the Strategy Analyst plays an important role in shaping the strategic direction of the company, with a strong focus on supporting strategic growth initiatives.
- The Analyst supports the company’s strategic planning process by providing research, analysis and recommendations in support of strategic growth. The Analyst will excel at conducting research, analysis and financial modeling, utilizing Microsoft-Excel and commercial data sources.
- The Analyst will be play a key role in the company’s innovation and technology growth initiative including providing process support for a $300M+ annual IR&D budget.
- The Analyst maintains a keen awareness and acumen around disruptive technologies, emerging trends, innovation and competitors to leverage in creation of growth plans.
- The Analyst is skilled in analytical methods, producing fact-based, logical hypothesis and scenarios with well-thought-out conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, including the use of Microsoft-PowerPoint to convey analysis and recommendations to stakeholders and company executives.
- The Analyst supports the M&A process including due diligence, valuation and financial modelling, as needed.
- The Analyst supports the senior leaders of the Corporate Strategy and Business Development group.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Supports Harris’ annual Strategic Growth Plan (SGP) process through research, analysis and presentation of findings and recommendations.
- Liaise, collaborate and maintain strong working relationships with key personnel from each business segment/unit while efficiently managing project resources.
- Manages the collection, analysis and presentation of data in support of projects including but not limited to: Strategic Growth Planning (SGP), emerging trends and technologies, domestic and international markets, R&D, strategic and operational metrics, M&A valuations, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Assists with the development and implementation of corporate and business segment strategic growth initiatives.
- Works effectively as a contributing team member of the Corporate Strategy team.
- Maintains strategy and M&A office databases.
- Travel up to 20%.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or related quantitative field required.
- 6 year’s professional experience in a similar research, analysis and strategic business support role (e.g., planning, finance, accounting or consulting).
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA or MBA in process.
- Professional Services/Consulting experience.
- Aerospace and defense industry experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Very strong (well above average) MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint skills
- Results-oriented, takes the initiative mentality.
- Demonstrates a highly analytical work ethic/approach.
- A fast learner with the ability to take initial direction and self-manage to complete assignments on time and to expectations.
- Highly collaborative team player.
- Pragmatic with a strong analytical and problem solving ability. Ability to devise logical methods/approaches.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end and manage multiple priorities/projects simultaneously.
Please note that all information in this job description is accurate at the time of posting. Please be aware that companies may change details and/or closing dates without notice.