Accountable for meeting or exceeding the KPIs / business targets of the BU by running and steering the business team in the region for all AN SBU products (Urea, Ammonia, TGU, DAP, MAP, NPK and Specialties products)
Sales, Market and Customer Management
- Responsible for delivering agreed business objectives and budgets with Business Management of respective BUs.
- Formulate and coordinate the finalization of the business marketing plan for AN SBU for Indian Sub-Continent.
- Review, evaluate and propose product business plan on LTC & spot basis.
- Facilitate contract negotiations and major deals for the AN SBU (in cooperation with Business Management Function leaders).
- Based on guidance from Business Management function leaders, set business priorities for business within agreed flexibility and ensure correct pricing. Recommend payment terms and credit terms as per authority schedule in accordance to risk management guidelines. Recommend discounts and incentives and operate within agreed range.
- Facilitate tenders, contracts and liasoning with government and private sector customers.
- Support the introduction and sucessful sales of new products in his dedicated region
- Steer the agonomist/MDTS resources in the region in close alignement with GT
- Track business performance in the region and suggest corrective action in order to meet business targets.
- Aggregate and report market related input and participate in strategy formation.
- Coordinate preparation of business forecasts (yearly, quarterly, monthly and weekly as required).
- Provide business and market intelligence input to Business Management Leaders.
- Alignment across various Business Functions.
- Assist in the formulation of long term SABIC vision and strategy and recommend any possible investment opportunity.
- Participate in execution & implantation of SBU vision & strategy.
- Ensure the effective achievement of functional objectives through the leadership, setting regional and individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provide formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance.
- Be responsible for talent management in co-ordination with Human Resources.
- Guide and lead the Regional Sales team in order to meet business targets per BU objectives.
- Open up opportunities for staff rotation within functions to maximize the competency levels and for development purposes.
- Assume responsibility for optimum workload distribution among executives and supervise activities.
- Review performance of assisgned staff (to him) in the region and suggest development needs accordingly (e.g. through training, coaching, mentoring, etc…)
Customer Relationship Management
- Establish high level and significant relationship with existing customers (customer retention), potential customers & key decision makers for sustainable long term relationship.
- Liaise with major customers to seek feedback on quality of product and delivery to ensure that SABIC is optimally placed in maintaining strategic partnerships with its major customers.
- Strive to promote a favorable image to all external stakeholders so that SABIC is viewed as a client-focused, innovative and trusted institution.
- Be the key personnel for all the customers in INS.
- Deal with customer inquiries and complaints in cooperation with Business Management.
- Serve as first level of escalation in case of operational and business issues in the region.
Communications & Networking
- Maintain an extensive network of internal and external contacts to ensure that the SBU is optimally placed in its understanding of business challenges and opportunities.
- Ensure compliance and implantation of SABIC values, relevant corporate policies, and legal & statutory requirements.
Safety, Quality & Environment
- Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures for employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- On an ongoing basis, examine current operational processes to identify and implement potential operational improvements that will positively impact upon service, environmental and cost performance.
- Sharing of best practices & benchmark (cross countries, cross regions) for process improvement.
- Introduction of tools, processes and business excellence programs.