The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for developing, negotiating and managing strategic relationships for Agile 1. This individual plays a key role in developing Agile 1’s business development strategy and then executing such strategy by structuring, negotiating, and closing distribution and revenue generating deals with key partners.
The BDM will is responsible for:
- Identifying opportunities for new business through on-going research, partner contact, and strategic analysis of products and marketplace;
- leveraging a network of relationships with external partners; facilitating open communication within the department as well as across departments and business units; and turning leads from marketing and Business Development Managers into meetings and opportunities.
- This is a management position that requires both the ability to motivate and manage others and to work directly with prospective business partners and clients to drive sales. This position will aid in generating additional business opportunities for all vertical of the ACT 1 Group of Companies.
- Manages Business Development Reps. and/or Support staff (inside sales). When supervising, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Taking ownership for all aspects of account development and management, including financial management, such as the pricing of engagements (based on Agile 1 management defined parameters) and achievement of revenue targets.
- Assuming responsibility for all facets of business development to build, maintain and manage customer relationships.
- Growing revenue within the client account and its affiliates in order to attain a multimillion-dollar quota annually.
- Work with the Business Solutions and Engagement Management teams to transition account management smoothly (effectively transitioning customer engagement from sales to delivery).
- Maintain a positive relationship with client to drive additional opportunities post implementation.
- Providing subject matter expertise related to Staffing, Supplier Management, and Workforce Acquisition Technology industry.
- Hiring, training, managing, evaluating direct reports (if applicable).
- Development of yearly sales plans.
- Participate in the RFP-Proposal and Presentation preparation and delivery process.
- Participate, when required, in company projects and trade shows.
- Work with cross-functional teams in presenting an overall solution to potential and current clients. Includes but is not limited to all Agile 1 and ACT 1 departments as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; five (5) years of industry related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in sales in human resources related activities such as recruiting/ staffing, customer relationship management, business development, supplier management, and/or HRIS technology.
- Preferred – experience selling technology-related and staffing and supplier management solutions to enterprise customers.
- At least 5 years of direct, outside sales experience.
- Prior experience with the management of sales teams.
- Proficient in structuring complex deals and securing partnerships with enterprise customers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities, secure new business and build lasting professional relationships with c-level executives.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work through contracts with internal legal department
- Demonstrated interest and success in the staffing, supplier management, and technology field with a strong background in general business.
- Working knowledge of desktop computers and MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook. MS Project and Internet access. CRM tools.
- Ability to learn proprietary technology.
- Knowledge of the application of technology solutions within the Staffing and Supplier Management industry.
- Demonstrated ability to extend customer relationships beyond initial project.
- Bright, dynamic, and articulate with excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong financial acumen and can manage accounts to achieve financial profitability goals.
- Keen intellect and superior analytic skills
- Professional appearance.
- Ethical, fair and professional conduct in all candidate, client, and peer interactions.
- Flexible, accountable and a team player.
- Available to work overtime.
- Energetic and able to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Frequent travel national and international travel.
Please note that all information in this job description is accurate at the time of posting. Please be aware that companies may change details and/or closing dates without notice.