Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
- Manage the implementation of origin transport logistics processes with logistics service providers, carriers, adidas liaison office and factories in responsible origins for all products/shipments under the GOPS responsibility.
- Oversee and drive the 3PLs’ performance at origin to enable an in-time and full delivery of the products to the adidas Group’s customers.
- This role is responsible for Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar.
- Manage the origin logistics operations in responsible origins to ensure that the defined logistics standard operation procedures are followed by 3PLs, carriers and factories aiming to an in-time delivery of the goods.
- Take responsibility of the implementation and execution of Global Logistics or any other GOPS initiatives or projects in specific origins to ensure adidas Group’s objectives can be achieved.
- Constantly monitor and drive 3PLs performance towards defined KPIs for responsible origins and achieving a sustainable service with a high quality level. Within this role the Manager establishes continuous process/performance reviews with 3PLs and other stakeholders (e.g. factories, LO, carries) who directly or indirectly influenced 3PL’s achievement on KPI performance.
- Carry out regular audit with 3PLs and ensure their operations process fully matched with the defined standard operations procedures in responsible origins.
- Support defined operations processes and requirements by validating 3PL’s assigned manpower and warehouse capacity sufficiency
- Set-up and maintain effective communication and collaboration channels between 3PLs, carriers, LO and factories in responsible sourcing origins.
- Conduct periodic training with different stakeholders at origins as per defined training material
- Be a local expert for the responsible origins to support sourcing and regional team. This also requires the establishment of being the focal point of contact for sourcing teams of responsible LOs and local 3PLs.
- Ensure logistics master data in responsible origins are updated in time and correctly. This master data will serve as a baseline for important system transactions and analysis for our global sourcing volume.
- Address area for origin process complexity reduction in responsible origins to the Line Manager and Process Manager.
- Keep awareness of local logistics market changes and collect first-hand market information in responsible origins. This information is enabled the team to take pro-active action to minimize risk of delivery delay.
- Drive, build up, and manage very good local business relationship with 3PLs and carriers in responsible origins to ensure adidas Group’s shipments are treated with highest priority and fast issue resolution process.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop the future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocate the different topics and work streams to the respective teams and employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of systems, data and analysis and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and Legal objectives
- Supply Chain Management teams
- Sourcing / Liaison Offices
- Local IT
- Global Logistics Service Provider & Carrier Portfolio
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good planning and organizational skills, and ability to work and deliver on time in changing environments
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, including structured and detailed problem solving methodologies
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and in writing, to interact effectively and efficiently with internal stakeholders and external logistics service providers
- Self-motivated and highly driven
- Sound business sense and good judgement capabilities
- Team player
- Knowledge of logistics’ computer applications, MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, and MS-Access.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) and other relevant languages (e.g. German), if required
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications: