Provide IT solutions on behalf of the BTS organization and division IT, acting as the key primary regional contact for all IT-related matters, ensuring delivery and support of all IT solutions used in the region. Act as Chairman for Regional Council, in order to assure appropriate alignment of all IT organizations and represent all to our customers and business contacts.
Core Job Responsibilities:
The core job responsibilities are as follows:
- Acts as key point of contact for all IT matters at the Region
- Prepares all consolidation materials and completes all integration plan milestones per plan to support the Consolidation and Integration into BTS
- Updates to site executive management for Business Advisory Committee (BAC) decision making
- Delivers IT solutions, whether application and/or infrastructure in coordinate with BTS products and services
- Updates and maintains portfolio of projects and applications
- Executes requirements of business users in the delivery of pristine IT solutions
- Acts as key communication point for all BTS and Division IT matters at the site
- Establishes strong cooperation with other Abbott ITOs
- Supports all internal customers
- Supports business projects with IT involvement
Key areas of responsibility
- Business Relationship Management: - Responsible for the IT portfolio for a business sector consisting of multiple business units or geographic areas. Makes sure the portfolio enhances organizational strategy and global information management through successful, consistent, and predictable delivery of programs, projects and applications. Achieves this through an IT demand organization which partners with the business, has excellent understanding of the business processes, and is aware of the evolution of technologies, and takes into account regulations relevant to the business area. Represent Abbott strategically in the industry and community. Lead the Regional IT Councils, acting as Chairman, in order to promote and ensure appropriate alignment within all IT organizations and matters, Portfolio & demand management and addressing business needs.
- Head of IT – Manages and develops the all IT regional team. Acts as a BAC team member at the site, and participates in all strategic decisions related to affiliate IT at the site.
- Affiliate IT Solutions – Ensures delivery of IT solutions where affiliate or infrastructure solutions, collaborating with all lines of business within the IT organization for the benefit of the affiliate. Leverages Abbott IT products and services for delivery as responsible local country IT manager.
- Business Support – Acts as key contributor to executive management strategic direction for the affiliate as it relates to IT solutions. Works collaboratively across all businesses and IT organizations to understand requirements and ability to leverage current solutions when appropriate.
- Customer Relations – Is the primary business relationship manager for IT at the site. Ensures execution of timeline communications at the affiliate. Works across IT to ensure transparency to the IT organization. Maintains effective relationships with all levels of management at the affiliate.
- Portfolio Management – Is the IT steward of the IT portfolio at the site. Maintains and administers the application inventory for site applications. Works with all levels of IT management to understand portfolio planning and ensure adherence to corporate direction related to global solutions.
- Quality and Regulatory – Is the quality and regulatory representative for IT at the affiliate. Coordinates and supports all quality-related requirements at the site working collaboratively with Global IT Quality.
- Enforces compliance practices to Abbott IT Policies and Procedures across local IT and Business
- Is the auditee for local focused IT audits in collaboration with Global IT Quality team.
- Local point of contact for Supplier Management audits
- Owns local IT Controls findings, remediation plans and activities
- Alerts Global IT Quality team on any new or emerging regulations impactful to IT
- Coordination of IT Delivery – Is the primary contact accountable for delivery of all IT products at the affiliate.
- Cyber Security –
- Responsible for oversight and enforcement of internal security policies and applicable external cyber regulations
- Work collaboratively with local legal teams to protect personally identifiable information (PII)
- Develop strategies with the business to comply with payment card industry data security standard (PCI-DSS) where applicable
- Promotes a global perspective
- Lead and manage Regional IT Council, engaging all IT Regional or local organizations
- Communicate and align Abbott Business Aligned IT Strategies, to Regional and local Portfolio & Demand management, Work Intake process, Support (KTLO), including all guidance and policies defined by IT Quality & Compliance, Cyber Security and Risk and Infrastructure.
- Understands and contributes to the business unit strategy and translates business strategy in an aligned IT strategy and portfolio of programs, projects and applications
- Manage Business Solutions and Services (BSS) Plan/Build/Run to determine the scope of regional or local support and organizations
- Provides demand management and prioritization of work in alignment with the business and service provider response to demand
- Manages all integration activities to ensure a smooth transition into BTS
- Manages all IT-related requests from the affiliate divisions as Regional or Country manager
- Acts as liaison between IT and the business, acting as the Business Advisory Council member for IT at the affiliate, providing strategic and value added information needed for affiliate decisions related to IT.
- Acts as coordinator of business and BTS IT at the site, using good communication and teamwork to ensure collaboration among all IT teams for the good of the affiliate
- Manages complete delivery of all solutions within BTS, which includes but is not limited to application (working with BSS Plan/Build) and infrastructure (working with BTS IT) solutions for the affiliate
- Works directly with business management to understand their business needs, capturing and documenting user and/or functional requirements, closely works with the target users and implementation teams, manages site specific SLC phases (user acceptance testing, change impacts, end user training, Subject Matter Expert (SME) network, etc.) Develops IT and end user documentation
- Monitors IT process compliance with corporate, divisional and local policies and procedures
- Acts as IT manager for all IT staff at the affiliate
- Adheres to reporting requirements – timely and accurate
- Builds solid and efficient organizational structure and relationship with Global organization to assure alignment and compliance with Guidelines, policies, roadmaps and procedures.
- Supports and enforces audit compliant policies and standards
- Creates a working environment that is motivating and helps collaborators to grow in their positions
- Manages and organizes all IT and communication tasks
- Supports internal and external customers with IT-based solutions
- Ensures operation of the affiliate’s computing environment, servers, personal computers, related peripherals, and all user applications with BTS as the provider for core infrastructure services
- Prepares and manages the affiliate IT budget
- Leads the IT Internal Audit
Integrity – Must deliver on time and meet expectations of customers
Interpersonal Skills –Must be a strong team player to support its efforts and goals within the affiliate. Must be able to work with all levels of management from general manager to finance director to individual contributor
Coordinator – Must be excellent at coordinating the activities of all service providers within Division IT and BTS
Technical and Analytical Skills – Able to detect, understand and solve all kinds of IT- related problems. Detailed knowledge of standard computing environments (Business Systems, Windows, Office communication, ERP, LAN/WAN, network and system security). Basic understanding of accounting. Project management. Experience/understanding of commercial standard processes (finance, controlling, purchasing, logistics) of a large organization.
Communication – Ability to communicate at multiple levels, internally and externally.
Education – Degree in IT and/or complimentary business degree – MBA a plusWork Experience – At least 15-20 years of experience in IT, preferably in the health care industry
Language Skills – Fluency in English and one local language is essential. Additional languages a plus.
Please note that all information in this job description is accurate at the time of posting. Please be aware that companies may change details and/or closing dates without notice.