We are currently recruiting for an accomplished Product Manager to take an immediate assignment in our Rare Diseases Business Unit looking after HAE products.
This particular role is office based however important amount of field based interaction with key prescribers, decision makers and stakeholders will be required.
- Plan, deliver and implement an annual marketing program for Spain that is consistent with global marketing messaging and Brands positioning and will support the local Brands objectives and targets.
- Conduct necessary market research and develop appropriate promotional and educational materials (and activities) to support Brands sales and market growth
- Investigate opportunities for Brands and market development that will enhance perception, sales and patient outcomes in the short and long term.
- Meet Shire expectations for quality and compliance with internal policies, codes and procedures and relevant external Codes of Conduct and Legislation.
- Build and enhance the positive perception of Shire by demonstrating the Shire Values to customers and community.
- The list above will be applicable also to other products if it’s needed some temporary support
- Create and implement annual marketing program (plan) and launch plans (where appropriate) for Brands by coordinating input from all parties involved that results in a clear marketing strategy, annual objectives, communication plan and opportunities for Brands development and market growth.
- Participate in the Long Range Planning & produce local forecasts to feed into the Global Brand Planning Processes
Marketing Activities (70%)
- Drive & Lead the Marketing and Commercial activities
- Engage & actively participate in Global Commercial Teams
- Produce marketing information for use by local HGT field personnel including leaflets, brochures etc. Ensure copy supports strategy and objectives for Brands and complies with company processes and relevant Code of Conduct.
- Create lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with key customers and stakeholders including KOLs, Shire HGT Global Marketing and Medical& Sales Team.
- In collaboration with HGT Management, conduct market research to provide necessary information for marketing plans and development of market and Brands growth programs.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of products and corresponding therapeutic areas
- Research and anticipate external factors affecting the Brands market by remaining up-to-date on all external developments, legislation, the customer base, clinical papers and world-wide media perspectives etc
- In collaboration with the HGT Lead Marketing Manager, conduct Advisory Board meetings when required
- Train and communicate effectively with the HGT field personnel to ensure implementation of the strategy and achievement of targets & objectives for Brands.
- Brief and monitor agencies to ensure integrated marketing communications strategy is reflected in all activities and that communication goals are met.
- Monitor effectiveness of promotion against agreed objectives.
- Manage promotional budgets to remain within agreed spending levels.
- Carry out other related tasks as required by the HGT Manager from time to time.
Note: All planning & marketing Activities will be of application also to any other product if it’s needed some temporary support.
- Relevant university degree in Science or Pharmacy
- At least 3 years experience as a Product Manager in pharmaceuticals or biotechnology
- IT skills in standard Microsoft office applications
- PhD or Masters Degree in a biological or medical science or medical qualification
- Business qualification e.g. MBA
- Experience with product launch in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Publications in a biological or medical science – or demonstrated knowledge of statistics or science methodology.
- Pharmaceutical sales experience with more than 2 years
- Experience with orphan or niche medicines
Please note that all information in this job description is accurate at the time of posting. Please be aware that companies may change details and/or closing dates without notice.